Monday, February 20, 2006

Looking Back Over Life

A survey was completed asking people over 65 "If you could live your life over, what would you do differently ? The top 3 answers were:
  1. I would like to stop and ask the big questions
  2. I would like to be more courageous and take more risks in work and love
  3. I would like to live life with purpose - to make a difference

I remember asking my dad that question about a fortnight before he died. He looked me straight in the eye and said "Absolutely, nothing." I will never forget that. How good must that feel - even when faced with you last few hours you have no regrets. You have lived life to the full and that you are content with everything you have achieved and the relationships around you. When you look at the way you live your life do you concentrate on how much you have or the things that you would like..... Life is amazingly short in the grand scheme of things so at work, in love and with friends make sure that you think about the wonderful things you have in your life before it is too late.

Live life forward and understand it backward and be happy

No comments: