- Does everyone in your team absolutely understand your expectations of them and their service level ? Check and spend time ensuring even your internal customers understand them.
- Everyone in your team has different strengths - alot of people concentrate on their weaknesses, well for the next few weeks live with their weaknesses and instead build on their strengths and see them flourish.
- Encourage people in your teams to recognise each other..peer recognition is superb for building team spirit
- Celebrate success along the way. We often post a target that will take a while to achieve, so it feels to far away for people....have a few milestones along the way and take time to recognise that achievement. It also helps to build momentum.
- Make recognition specific to the individual - not a standard prize. A working single mum might appreciate an hour off, someone else might want concert tickets, it only acts as a motivator if people will use it and enjoy it.
Remember as well, this works just as well in your private life !