Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Conquering fear

Mark Twain once said "True courage is not the absence of fear, its the mastery of fear".
When I was young I loved fun fairs, as I have grown older I have grown fearful, as I now understand the risks. I was not born with that doubt...but when doubt occurs it can lead to fear, if you dwell on it.
So how do you conquer the doubt so it doesn't lead to fear. Well you have to have confidence in your ability and have faith in yourself. That faith in your ability can be the difference between success and failure. Build that confidence by replaying in your mind when you have done something similar and been successful...feel the fun, feel the adrenaline buzz use those feelings to squash that doubt. You have been succesful in the past you will be successful in the future....if you believe in yourself...

No comments: