To solve time pressure you need to look at
- An average worker gets interrupted every 5-7 minutes for 5 minutes! Control your interruptions, if they don't add value then don't allow others to take away your most precious resource - your time.
- Review your objectives and make sure that your time is concentrated on achieving them. Often we waste time on easy things to do, but don't let these distract you.
- Plan to get your objectives achieved by 3pm each day. Too many people expand work to the 8-6 mentality.
- Check your inbox at 3/4 times a day. Outside those times don't be sidetracked by the email.
- Be honest. What is REALLY taking your time? Are you choosing distractions? Be honest, and look at the real reason you are allowing your time to be managed by others. Then deal with the root cause.