- It encourages openess...allows dialogue within your team.
- It builds the community and the feeling that each of you are working towards the same goal.
- It shows that you know you are not perfect, and that you too have development areas. By sharing it shows the importance of understanding your areas of development and growing.
- Makes you human, showing both humility and confidence - you are not worried about showing your improvement areas.
- Helps give you a sense of accountability...now it is public you will have to do something about it!
Wednesday, July 05, 2006
As a leader of a team it is important that people understand that you are human, and that you have objectives to meet. So be open...share your development needs, share your objectives...and give progress updates. Why?