"Not every coach can consistently win with talent, but no coach can win without it"
So true! You need to be passionate about talent, love it, thrive on it - too many people are scared about it. Don't let that be you.
Talent has a wonderful effect on you if you embrace it
- It keeps you on your toes....you need to keep learning to stay ahead. Talent is there for you to learn from...
- Talent makes you look like a star, people see you as a talented leader as you attract the stars of the future.
- Remember to keep talent. When things go wrong you take responsibility in public, when you have success let the person take the credit. This is one of the most attractive features of a good leader.
- Allow talent to cross train, join projects that are not under your control, go on temporary assignments. Their development is your main concern - and they will respect you for it.
- Talent protects you - it does not endanger you. The more talent you attract the higher the performance of your team. The higher performance the more you will be recognised for achievement.
- Success is a great motivator......helps create a great culture. A great culture attracts more talent.....talent brings great performance. It is a wonderful circle.
- Great PR about you. Talent will speak highly about you across the business. Wonderful, free PR!