Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Listening to Customers Costs Nothing

Tonight I have been working on my computer for about 2 hours. During those 2 hours I have received 3 cold calls...well 1 cold call and 2 people surveying what their customers want. Why?

The answer looks obvious...to build into the products and services for the future?

I suppose...

But what I find strange is that - people pay people to work on a night to ask customers inane questions at a time that is not convenient - it is family time and most people don't want to be interrupted to help you. They don't even give you an incentive or reward for providing the answers...

If you have to spend money doing this as a leader I would be asking "Why spend money upsetting, interrupting customers during their personal time....when we could just listen to them when they are interacting with us! You don't need a telephone you need bigger ears...."

No comments: